13 Canceled Celebrities That People Feel Really, Really Bad For
Warning: The following post contains a discussion of suicide.
We recently posted a list of canceled celebrities who people believe deserve a second chance at stardom. Readers flooded the comments with their own suggestions, and there were some pretty interesting attitudes. Here are 13 more stars that people think still have a chance:
1. "What about Elizabeth Berkley, who is still ashamed and beaten up for the movie Showgirls?"
Murray Close / Sygma via Getty Images
2. "The Dixie Chicks were canceled and received death threats for saying they would not support the war in Iraq."
Jack Thomas / WireImage
3. "I'm sorry about what happened to Jennifer Gray ... After she had a rhinoplasty, Hollywood stopped casting her in films because she lost her" signature look "and was supposedly" too plain " looked ... It's a shame that Hollywood put so much emphasis on their physical image over their acting skills. "
4. "Ahmed Best, who played Jar Jar Binks, was on the verge of suicide out of all the Star Wars hatred he got."
Getty / Disney
5. “Jake Lloyd - who played the young Anakin Skywalker - was one of the first victims of the venomous hatred of fandom. You destroyed it. He was just a kid. I wish him all the best and hope that one day he will recover. "
—Pangalactic gargle blaster
6. "Lisa Bonet. Bill Cosby wrote a scarlet letter on her after the film Angel Heart. The man, who is accused of rape by several women, thought she had" sullied "the image of The Cosby Show and Different World, and this influenced her further career ... So misogynistic. "
Edward Berthelot / GC Images
7. "Summer Glau. I swear Hollywood is after anything she stars in."
Bill Watters / WireImage
8. "Linda Fiorentino. Not canceled, but blacklisted. She's the woman who works in the morgue at Men in Black. She had one of the most singular smoky voices of all time and such promising talent. She wanted the new one To be it girl ... And then she made Kevin Smith's dogma, just as high as he was. If I remember correctly, she never really did anything, but Smith found her “bitchy” and “difficult.” Take something out of it you want. He put that out while he was hot and she basically got no more offers after that. "
9. "Eartha Kitt was blacklisted for criticizing the Vietnam War."
Central Press / Getty Images
10. "Monica Lewinsky. What was done to her was horrific."
Jeffrey Markowitz / Sygma via Getty Images
11. "Janet Hubert. She was booted by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air because Will Smith said she was difficult to work with and she never got a decent gig again. He became a huge star."
12. "Tara Reid. She was ashamed of doing what almost everyone else in the business had done: plastic surgery."
Kevin Winter / Getty Images
13. And finally: "Ben Curtis - the guy from the 'Dude, you got a Dell!' Commercials - Fired and blacklisted for weed. Not really a celebrity, but still fake. "
If you are contemplating suicide or just need to talk to someone, you can speak to someone by calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or texting HOME at 741741, the Crisis Text Line. And here are suicide hotlines outside of the US.
Some submissions have been edited for length and / or clarity.
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
Researchers study bats to track COVID-19 origins
Ryan Phillippe shares surprising reply when asked if son Deacon looks like him
How the Hairy Bikers helped Prince Philip become 'master of the barbecue'
'Schitt's Creek' Cast Reunites at 2021 Emmys After Last Year's Historic Wins
U.S. opens probe into 30 million vehicles
'Ted Lasso,' 'The Crown' big winners at Emmys