A Swansea man was arrested for child porn. The details are the stuff of nightmares.

BOSTON - A Swansea man arrested last week for possession of child pornography remains in the custody of the U.S. Marshal's Service.
It's the second time in two decades that Todd Miozza, 51, has been charged with possession of child pornography.
In March 2002, Miozza pleaded guilty to a single charge of possession of child pornography. He was sentenced to five years probation and ordered to participate in a sex offender-specific treatment program.
ADVERTISEMENT
Magistrate Judge Donald L. Cabell deliberated on the matter of Miozza's detention following Tuesday's hearing.
Miozza was taken into custody Friday after federal agents from the U.S. Homeland Security Investigations, along with local law enforcement, had served a federal arrest warrant at his home.
According to an affidavit, agents confiscated several electronic devices from Miozza, including an iPad, an iPhone and a laptop.
Todd Miozza, 51, from Swansea has been arrested and charged with possession of child pornography.
Busting up drug trafficking: Police broke up an elaborate drug ring in Bristol County. That's how they did it.
Dozens of videos found showing child pornography
Miozza reportedly admitted to investigators that he used the mobile messaging app Kik to "receive, distribute and trade child pornography, although he claimed to have received more than he shared."
ADVERTISEMENT
According to a report by Forbes magazine, the Kik app is increasingly being used in criminal cases against child exploitation.
"Miozza told agents he looks at child pornography weekly. He said he expected to find child pornography on his iPhone and laptop and child erotica on his iPad," the affidavit said.
A Swansea man accused of possession of child pornography is being held by US Marshals pending a judge's decision on whether to hold him at the request of US prosecutors.
More
Background Check: New developer of former Fall River schools has a criminal history of real estate fraud
Agents claim that after a preliminary examination of Miozza's electronic devices, they found 67 videos showing child pornography involving children from infancy to the age of 8.
ADVERTISEMENT
The affidavit describes disturbing scenes involving infants and a young female child with adult males.
Agents reported finding 12 other videos of children aged 3 to 12 on his laptop.
Project Safe Childhood
News of Miozza's arrest was released by US Attorney Rachel S. Rollins, and Homeland Security and Swansea Police Chief Marc Haslam. Assistant U.S. Attorney Elianna J. Nuzum of Rollins' Major Crimes Division is prosecuting the case, according to a written press release.
The case was brought as part of the Safe Childhood project. In 2006, the Department of Justice launched the national initiative to protect children from exploitation and abuse. Led by the US Attorney's offices and the DOJ's Child Exploitation and Obscenity Division, Project Safe Childhood provides federal, state, and local resources to locate, apprehend, and prosecute child exploiters and victims to identify and rescue.
ADVERTISEMENT
Members of the public who have questions, concerns, or information about this case should call 617-748-3274.
Jo C. Goode can be reached at jgoode@heraldnews.com. Support local journalism and subscribe to The Herald News today!
This article originally appeared in The Herald News: Swansea man arrested again for child pornography by Project Safe Childhood

Last News

Former GA high school coach indicted on 22 charges after arrest for sexual exploitation of children

Starbucks customers on TikTok are ‘horrified’ by the chain’s new menu item: ‘This cannot be real’

Ukrainian soldier brings down Russian Su-25 attack jet

River Thames drying up in England

Explosions rock Russian military base in Crimea

Lisa Kudrow recalls Jerry Seinfeld taking some credit for early 'Friends' success