Clint Bowyer is retiring from NASCAR, hanging up his firesuit to join the FOX broadcast

NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer announced Thursday night that he is moving from full-time NASCAR racing to the FOX broadcast team for next season's Sunday Cup races.
"I have the opportunity to take the next steps in my life," Bowyer wrote in a letter he shared on Twitter. "In 2021 my suit will no longer be fireproof."
The 41-year-old Bowyer has been driving the Ford Mustang No. 14 for Stewart-Haas Racing since 2017 and is driving in its 15th year in the Cup series. The driver has ten wins and more than 500 starts in the NASCAR top series. Although Bowyer has been without a win since 2018, he remains in the playoff competition in the round of 16 this season. He is 38 points below the eight-driver cutoff for the next lap, which will take place on the racetrack in Charlotte this weekend.
Bowyer's best season was 2012 with the No. 15 Toyota for the late Michael Waltrip Racing. Bowyer, the 2008 Xfinity Series champion, finished second in the final that year.
"I would like to thank every owner who paid a bill on my behalf, every crew member who got my ars under control, and every media member who covered my racing career," said Bowyer's post. "Thanks to every sponsor who invested in me and thanks to every fan who cheered me on along the way!"
Bowyer has already gained media experience as a co-host of a NASCAR podcast in collaboration with Barstool Sports. He was also an analyst for FOX Sports when the station aired iRacing events at the beginning of the pandemic shutdown in the spring.
"Just like my driving career, I'll be part of a great team and a great organization with great teammates," wrote Bowyer. "To say that I'm excited would be an understatement."
Bowyer's contract with SHR expired at the end of the 2020 season and he dodged questions earlier in the day about his plans for the next year. Seat # 14 remains vacant for 2021, but SHR's Xfinity rider Chase Briscoe is the alleged top candidate for the ride. Briscoe has eight wins in the Xfinity series and is banned from reaching the round of 16 in the Xfinity playoffs.
Briscoe told The Observer on Thursday morning that his plans for the next season were still undecided, but that he wanted the opportunity to advance to the Cup series. He said the possibility is that he wants to ride in competition gear. Stewart-Haas could now plan this in No. 14 with Bowyer's absence for the next year.
Bowyer will have his own new chance.
"... FOX here I come!" Bowyer's post ended.
For the latest news on contract and team moves, check out our full Silly Season Tracker.
Mention your own website in this post for Advertisement

Last News

Klopp rips Leeds, Neville's Super League reactions

Prince Harry prepares to return to LA after funeral

AnnaLynne McCord Reveals Her Dissociative Identity Disorder Diagnosis: I'm 'Uninterested in Shame'

Sen. Schumer to introduce COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act

Amy Klobuchar and Lindsey Graham call on Biden to resettle Yazidi women enslaved by ISIS

Los Angeles Has 5 Current Covid-19 Outbreaks Involving Schools — All Associated With Youth Sports