Contents of Secret Royal Safe Holding Prince Philip's Last Wishes Revealed for First Time Ever
Terry Oneill / Getty Prince Philip
Prince Philip's will will be kept in a secret London safe along with 32 other high-ranking members of the royal family, it was announced on Thursday.
The vault - held in the care of High Court Justice Sir Andrew McFarlane at the Royal Courts of Justice - contains a unique selection of royal wills dating back to Prince Francis von Teck in 1911.
These include the final wishes of Queen Elizabeth's mother, the late Queen Mother, her sister Princess Margaret and her uncle, the Duke of Windsor (also known as King Edward VIII), who abdicated from the British throne in December 1936, McFarlane gave on Thursday known.
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh were pictured in the square of Windsor Castle ahead of his 99th birthday on Wednesday January 6th, 2020.
Steve Parsons / PA Images via Getty Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip in January 2020.
RELATED: Prince Harry Speaks Out After Grandfather Prince Philip's Death: He Was "Naughty To The End"
Other wills hidden in the top secret safe revealed by McFarlane Thursday include those of Philip's uncle, Lord Louis Mountbatten of Burma, Queen Mary, wife of King George V, and Princess Beatrice, the youngest child and close companions of Queen Victoria.
"I am now the manager of a safe containing over thirty envelopes, each claiming to contain the sealed will of a deceased member of the royal family," McFarlane said in September when he revealed the royal safe's existence during a court hearing Fight to keep Prince Philip's last wishes secret after his death on April 9th. He was 99 years old.
"I can confirm that the earliest such envelope is made with Prince Francis of Teck's will," he added. "The most recent additions were made in 2002 and are the wills of Her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother and Her late Royal Highness Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, respectively."
Keystone-France / Gamma-Keystone / Getty Queen Elizabeth with the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret
RELATED: Private Investigator Apologizes for Depriving Prince Harry of His "Normal Teenage Years"
Regardless of whose will is hidden in the mysterious royal safe next to that of the Duke of Edinburgh, there is little chance that the details contained in the documents themselves will ever be revealed.
During his September ruling, McFarlane stated that the royal family was entitled to an increased level of privacy "to protect the dignity and reputation of the public role of the sovereign and other close members of their family".
Can't get enough of PEOPLE's royals coverage? Sign up for our free Royals newsletter to get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more
He also ruled that applications for unsealing of the will could not be made for 90 years, adding that any claims filed before that date "would have a high probability of failure if there was no specific, individual or private justification relating to the administration of the." Will present ". Estate of the deceased. "
"In short," he added, "the publication of the list is intended as an end in itself to achieve transparency, nothing more."
Complete list of wills kept in the secret royal safe
1. Prince Franz Joseph Leopold Friedrich von Teck
2. Alexander William George, Duke of Fife
3. Prince Morris Victor Donald von Battenberg
4. Grand Duchess widow of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
5. Lord Leopold Louis Mountbatten
6. Helen Frederica Augusta, Duchess of Albany
7. Princess Helena Augusta Victoria, Princess Christian
8. Princess Frederica Sophia Maria Henrietta Amelia Theresa of Great Britain
9. Princess Louise Victoria Alexandra Dagmar, Princess Royal
10. Princess Victoria Alexandra Olga Mary
11. Queen Maud Charlotte Mary Victoria of Norway
12. Prince Arthur Frederick Patrick Albert of Connaught
13. Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, Duchess of Argyll
14. Prince Arthur William Patrick Albert, Duke of Connaught
15. Prince George Edward Alexander Edmund, Duke of Kent
16. Princess Beatrice Mary Victoria Feodore von Battenberg
17. Maud Alexandra Victoria Georgina Berth, Countess of Southesk
18. Princess Louise Sophia Augusta Amelia Helena
19. Queen Mary
20. Princess Franziska Josepha Louise Augusta Maria Christiane
21. Princess Alexandra Victoria Alberta Edivina Louise, Princess Arthur of Connaught
22. Princess Victoria Alexandra Alice Mary, Princess Royal
23. Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent
24. Prince William Henry Andrew Frederick of Gloucester
25. Prince Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David, Duke of Windsor
26. Lady Victoria Patricia Helena Elizabeth Ramsay
27. Prince Henry William Frederick Albert, Duke of Gloucester
28. Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas, Earl Mountbatten of Burma
29. Princess Mary Victoria Augusta Pauline, Countess of Athlone
30. Prince Georg Valdemar Carl Axel of Denmark
31. Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
32. Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
In this article:
Anne, Princess Royal
Daughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon
The younger daughter of King George VI. and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
Prince Francis of Teck
Brother of the British Queen Mary of Teck, wife of King George V
Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma
British statesman and naval officer (1900-1979)
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
Jojo Siwa stunned in a midriff-baring top with a sparkling bow accent in one of her most daring outfits to date
An exclusive look inside Moderna headquarters
Bob Dole, World War II veteran, senator and presidential nominee, has died at 98
Supreme Court hears pivotal abortion case
Sen. Amy Klobuchar said 'some pro-choice Republicans' might get on board with codifying Roe v. Wade into law
22 Landlord Horror Stories That Are Sadly Far Too Relatable