COVID-19 in Canada: Trudeau prepares for possible 'disruptions' after U.S. election outcome; Atlantic Bubble may see changes

For more information on today's top stories and how the novel coronavirus continues to spread across the country, check out our live updates below, as well as our COVID-19 news hub.
Trudeau's focus on Canada's COVID-19 response, not U.S. election debates
The Prime Minister has repeatedly been asked to share his thoughts on the U.S. presidential election, particularly Canada's reaction if Donald Trump does not accept the November 3 results.
It's a rumor that gained traction when Trump and U.S. Vice President Mike Pence failed to provide clear answers on how they would react to a possible defeat in the 2020 election, such as a peaceful transfer of power.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday that he had seen "clips" of both the US President and Vice President debates, but "my focus now must be on keeping Canadians safe and working with prime ministers in this country, to do everything we need. " to do to control this second wave. "
“Of course what happens in the US will affect Canada after the election. However, our job is to be prepared for any outcome. "
Trudeau was then pressured into figuring out what all of the results might mean.
“Well, I think we are all hoping for a smooth transition or a clear election result. As with many people around the world, disruption can occur when it is less clear and we need to be prepared for any results. I think Canadians would expect that from their governments, and we are certainly considering it. "
The prime minister said he is not commenting on or weighing up American political processes.
Trump has repeatedly questioned the integrity of the upcoming US election as a significant number of Americans will use postal ballot papers.
PM, Ford Announces COVID-19 Job Boost With Auto Investments
Ontario Prime Minister Doug Ford announced that the province is working with the Oakville government to purchase new electric buses and charging stations
Ontario Prime Minister Doug Ford announced Thursday that the provincial government, along with the city of Oakville and Canadian federal partners, is buying 73 new electric buses and 32 charging stations. The Prime Minister also announced that the province is working with Ford Motor Company to create 244 internships.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Prime Minister Doug Ford announced contributions to a $ 1.8 billion investment in automaker Ford's Oakville Assembly Complex to make it a global hub for battery-electric vehicle production.
Both Ontario and the federal government will invest $ 295 million to create zero-emission electric vehicles with an investment from Ford Motor Co. The Ontario Prime Minister said the investment will make Ford's Oakville assembly complex the largest electric car manufacturing facility in North America.
"By investing in environmentally friendly technologies, we are also committed to our plan to achieve zero net carbon emissions by 2050," Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday. "This is a win-win situation for our environment, for our automotive sector."
Trudeau said the announcement will secure 5,000 middle class jobs and position the country to leverage its talent to lead the way in electric vehicles, a growing market. The announcement comes after the Ontario Prime Minister and Auto Workers Union Unifor signed a deal last month to manufacture five new models of electric cars in Oakville, Ontario. Plant.
Announcements like this one today suggest that not only will we survive this pandemic by working together, but also by making sure that there will be good jobs over the long term as we face this pandemic. Said Trudeau.
Ford said today's announcement marks the largest investment in Ontario's automotive sector in over 15 years.
"This is a historic moment," Ford said at a press conference in Oakville. "Today we are laying the foundation for the long-term recovery and prosperity of our province."
In addition, the Ontario government will work with the City of St. Paul and federal partners to buy 73 new electric buses and 32 charging stations, and create 244 internships to prepare students for “jobs of the future”.
Ford noted that Ontario has the manufacturing facilities, toolmakers, and mold makers to take this leadership role in the electric auto industry. They also have nickel, cobalt, and lithium in Ontario, "so there's no better place to make batteries."
However, Ford and Trudeau faced questions about how the Ontario Prime Minister canceled discounts on electric cars in 2018. Electric vehicles are more expensive for consumers in Ontario than in Quebec or British Columbia, according to CTV News.
"We believe strongly in electric cars and are building a battery plant here and supporting the work of Ford," said the Prime Minister. "We're all there and put our money where our mouth is."
Trudeau said that as technology advances and more innovators, costs will come down, making buying an electric car an "easier choice".
"I will continue to encourage all governments in this country to do their part and encourage people to do what is right for their families, children, paperbacks and the environment at the same time."
Possible changes can be on the way to the Atlantic Bubble
A recent outbreak in New Brunswick has raised concerns for Dr. Heather Morrison, Prince Edward Island's Chief Public Health Officer, awakened to what could affect the Atlantic Bubble.
"We have a lot of connections with New Brunswick and the Moncton area and that worries us here on Prince Edward Island," Morrison said Thursday afternoon in an interview with CBC News: Compass.
"It's a problem at this point, but [we're] watching what's going on."
Currently, the Atlantic Bubble allows residents of four provinces - New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia - to travel to each other's jurisdiction without having to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival and return.
Currently, New Brunswick has more active cases (24) than the other three jurisdictions combined (10).
"I think New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I., in particular, will all be looking at whether or not we need to make changes to the Atlantic Bubble," said Morrison.
The top doctor from P.E.I. urged everyone in the province to think about traveling elsewhere, particularly with uncertainty about the circumstances surrounding the Moncton outbreak. She said officials will make an extra effort this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend to remind visitors or islanders to return on the weekend for a test if they feel they have symptoms.
Along with the outbreak at the Moncton Nursing Home, Manoir Notre-Dame, potential warnings were posted at the Moncton Costco Optical Center and the Moncton St-Hubert restaurant in New Brunswick.
New Brunswick makes masks mandatory in most public spaces and limits travel to Quebec
New Brunswick officials announced Thursday that they would make masks mandatory in most public spaces from midnight while restricting travel to neighboring Quebec.
The news comes after the province reported 17 new cases related to a special care home in Moncton on Wednesday. Three new unrelated cases were announced on Thursday, bringing the number of active cases in the province to 24. According to the province, this is the highest level since June 21.
"Based on what we're seeing in our neighboring provinces and the Moncton outbreak, we know how quickly the virus can spread in a community," Premier Blaine Higgs said in a press release. "We have to take all possible measures to prevent this in our province."
According to the press release, masks are required in the following areas:
public spaces where the public and employees interact (retail stores, shopping malls, service centers, places of worship, restaurants and bars, excluding dining, etc.) and organized gatherings in public spaces (e.g. weddings, funerals, etc.)
Common areas such as lobbies, elevators, and hallways, and public common areas, including those in the private sector and government work areas
public transportation
A study by the provincial Ministry of Justice and Public Security, which examined 600 public spaces, estimates that around 36 percent of people wear masks when necessary.
"Unfortunately, there are too many people who don't wear their masks when necessary," Higgs said. “We understand that this is an important announcement and that businesses and individuals may need time to adjust. We ask people to follow suit immediately. Peace officials will monitor to make sure people wear masks as needed. "
On Thursday, the province also announced new travel restrictions for a border community in Quebec. Beginning at midnight, the agreement that allowed non-essential day trips by residents of Listuguj First Nation and Pointe-à-la-Croix, Quebec, was suspended.
"With a significant outbreak in Quebec, we agreed we needed to make that change," Higgs said of Canada's hardest-hit province, leading the nation with 8,492 patients currently infected.
Travel for reasons such as purchasing groceries, prescription drugs, or essential goods and services that are not available in their community are still allowed. People can still cross the line for work, medical appointments, and school, among other things, but the province is working to offer distance learning to affected students starting Tuesday October 13.
Visit our COVID-19 in Canada topic page for the latest news, tips, health updates, cases, and more.

You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.

Last News

My Sister, 23, Was Taken Out Into the Snow and Left to Die. It Was Never Properly Investigated

Rangers vs Sharks: Strome and Trouba talk Shesterkin injury, strong special teams | Rangers News Conference

Alexander Wennberg with a Goal vs. Edmonton Oilers

Elias Lindholm with a Goal vs. Anaheim Ducks

See former LSU football coach Ed Orgeron on the sidelines at Ponchatoula vs. Acadiana playoff game

'Sorry they gave me tickets and not you because you’re poor': Streamer playing game at BTS concert angers ARMY