Dangerous Side Effects of Mold in Your Home, According to Science
Due to health hazards outside the house, we are asked to stay inside. But what if your home is in danger? Chances are you have mold; Almost every house or apartment does. "Molds can be found almost anywhere. They can grow on virtually any substance as long as moisture is present," reports the Environmental Protection Agency. "There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet and food." "Exposure to damp and moldy environments can have a variety of health effects or no effects at all," reports the CDC. "Some people are sensitive to mold. In these people, exposure to mold can cause the following symptoms." Read on - and to keep your health and the health of others safe, these safe signs you already had with coronavirus shouldn't be missed.
You may get nasal congestion, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes or skin
Businessman takes off glasses and rubs dry irritated eyes
"Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions) and irritants," says the EPA. "Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores can cause allergic reactions in susceptible individuals. Allergic reactions include hay fever-type symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes and rashes. Mold can also irritate the eyes. Skin, nose, Throat and lungs of people allergic to mold and non-allergic people. "
It can cause asthma
Adult woman using inhaler in clinic
"Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposure include allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory diseases," according to the EPA. "Other recent studies have suggested a possible link between early mold exposure and the development of asthma in some children, particularly children who may be genetically prone to develop asthma, and that selected measures to improve living conditions reduce morbidity from asthma and allergies Can narrow airways. " "says the CDC.
You may develop a respiratory infection and other problems
Mature man coughing on color background
"In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) determined that there was sufficient evidence to support indoor mold exposure with upper respiratory symptoms, coughing and wheezing in otherwise healthy people, with asthma symptoms in people with asthma, and those with hypersensitivity -Related pneumonitis in people prone to this immune-mediated condition, "says the CDC.
RELATED: Simple Ways To Avoid A Heart Attack According To Doctors
You can have a severe reaction
Man massages the bridge of his nose, takes off his glasses, has blurred vision or dizziness
"Some people, such as those allergic to mold or asthma, may react more intensely," reports the CDC. "Workers who are exposed to high levels of mold in professional environments, such as farmers who work with moldy hay, can experience severe reactions. Severe reactions can include fever and shortness of breath."
"A link between other adverse health effects such as acute idiopathic pulmonary hemorrhage in infants, memory loss or lethargy and mold, including the Stachybotrys chartarum mold, has not been established. Further studies are needed to find out what acute idiopathic hemorrhage causes other adverse health effects," adds the Agency added.
What to do if you have symptoms
Female doctor in green uniform wears glasses and a surgical mask and speaks, advises and advises elderly patients in the hospital
Discuss these issues with your doctor, who may refer you to a specialist. "There's no blood test for mold," says the CDC. "Some doctors can run allergy tests for possible mold allergies, but no clinically proven tests can pinpoint when or where a particular mold exposure occurred."
"If your seasonal symptoms make you unhappy, an allergist / immunologist, often referred to as an allergist, can help," reports the American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. "Your allergist has the background and experience to determine which allergens may be causing your symptoms. This information forms the basis of a treatment plan to help you feel better. Your personal plan includes steps to avoid exposure to allergens. Your doctor may too Talk to you about medication for temporary relief. "
How to remove the mold from your home
Shocked woman looking at mold on wall.
"There is no practical way to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors. Controlling mold growth indoors is by controlling humidity," the EPA said. Call a specialist to treat the mold and "keep your windows closed at night and use air conditioning that cleans, cools and dries the air whenever possible." And for the healthiest way to weather this pandemic, don't miss these 35 places that are most likely to catch COVID.
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
Ryan Serhant Explains Why He Didn't Build a Spare Room for His Mom at His New House
Cynthia Bailey Got the "Best... Surprise Ever" from Daughter Noelle Robinson
Hospitals' COVID-19 vaccine mandate causes some employees to sue
Got $2.75 million? You could buy this 160-year-old San Fran restaurant
'Mortgage rates are probably going to remain attractive for probably a long time,' maybe a bit into 2022: Lending Tree's Kapfidze
Ariana Madix Sizzles in a Peachy Cheeky Bikini