Diet Prada is Getting Sued by Dolce & Gabanna for $4.7 Million After Exposing Alleged Racist Comments

Fashion watchdog Diet Prada is raising funds on GoFundMe to defend himself against a defamation lawsuit by Dolce & Gabbana. The lawsuit stems from a series of ads published by the fashion house in 2018 in which an Asian model had "difficulty" eating Italian food with chopsticks. The ads were part of Dolce & Gabbana’s China campaign. Shortly after its launch, Diet Prada criticized the brand for "calling its target audience the tired and false stereotype of a people lacking sophistication or culture." “#DGlovesChina? More like #DGdesperateforthatChineseRMB lol, "wrote the Instagram watchdog at the time.
In addition to the questionable ads, Diet Prada also revealed a disturbing conversation between founder Stefano Gabbana and an Instagram user. In it, Gabbana called China "the land of shit". Dolce & Gabbana immediately faced a violent backlash. Chinese celebrities canceled an upcoming show in Shanghai, leading to their cancellation.
Scroll to continue with the content
display
Secom
İlk Yıl% 40 İndirim SECOM'da
Japon güvenlik uzmanı SECOM ilk 12 ay% 40 fırsatını kaçırmayın. Mobile kullanımı ücretsiz. Japon Alarm Devi SECOM ’dan büyük indirim!
ŞIMDI GIR
Following Diet Prada's exposé, Dolce & Gabbana released a statement announcing that both the Instagram and Gabbana pages had been hacked. An internal investigation was reportedly conducted: “We apologize for the problems caused by these unauthorized submissions. We have nothing but respect for China and the people of China, ”said the label. However, many refused to believe the company's claims. The indignation worsened, involving industry experts and other Chinese figures. Co-founders Gabbana and Domenico Dolce eventually released an apology video. "We ask for forgiveness from the bottom of our hearts," said Gabbana.
But the situation didn't seem over for a long time. In early 2019, Dolce & Gabbana reportedly filed a defamation lawsuit against Diet Prada asking for € 4 million in damages (€ 3 million for the brand and € 1 million for Gabbana) in the US, it feels wrong to continue over to keep silent about a lawsuit that threatens our freedom of expression. We are a small company that was co-founded by a black person and is trying to speak out against racism in our own community, ”wrote Diet Prada in a new post.
The Fashion Law Institute, a nonprofit at Fordham Law School, is reportedly coordinating Diet Prada's defense through its pro bono clinic. It also works with the Italian law firm AMSL Avvocati, which has "graciously agreed" to represent the accused at a reduced rate. Diet Prada filed his defense on Monday. The watchdog is now soliciting financial help from the public through a GoFundMe page. "We need your help more than ever to raise funds to cover legal costs, filing fees, and other legal expenses," wrote Diet Prada. "It is daunting to compete against a large luxury brand, but your contribution means that we can continue to protect our fundamental rights, but also preserve what is special about the Diet Prada community." NextShark has contacted Dolce & Gabbana for additional comments and will update this article accordingly. Feature pictures via Diet Prada
The story goes on
Mention your own website in this post for Advertisement

Last News

Anheuser-Busch's lawsuit against Corona hard seltzer will 'go down in flames': Constellation Brands CEO

Moses Brown with a dunk vs the Philadelphia 76ers

A Boston patrol cop allegedly abused a 12-year-old in 1995. Last year the victim reported that his daughter was abused by the same cop, who kept his badge despite an investigation finding he likely co

Eric Shawn: From FDR to Biden, expanding the US Supreme Court

Here are QVC's best deals for all your spring cleaning needs

Border officials say drug smuggling has spiked with border surge