Hailey Baldwin Opened Up About Her Anxiety Saying "Things Are Difficult"
Image Credit: Axelle / Bauer-Griffin - Getty Images
When you are physically sick, it is easy to tell that something is wrong. Often times, the symptoms become pretty obvious. If you are in pain anywhere, or if you feel bad and throw up, you know it is time to seek help and see a doctor. But our physical health is not the only thing we should look out for. Mental health is just as important. Mental health affects everything in your life from the way you manage your relationships with others and yourself, to the effectiveness with which you do everyday tasks. While it may have been taboo to discuss mental health, the conversation is fittingly finally here. A survey by the Pew Research Center found that seven out of ten teenagers see anxiety and depression as major problems in their peers. If you feel that something is wrong with your emotional health, it will only help to seek advice from a professional. Mental health is something anyone can struggle with. Even celebrities join the conversation. This is how some celebs have dealt with fear with their own struggles.
If you or someone you know needs help, please let a parent, teacher, doctor, or other trusted adult know and find more helpful resources here.
1. "People asked me, 'How are you?' And I would say, 'I'm fine; I'm fine.' But I would really cry all night in my hotel room to be honest, life sucks sometimes. It's hard. Things are difficult. I just think the more open we are about it, the more we can help people, Finding solutions. "- Hailey Baldwin in an interview with Glamor
2. "I want to open up about something. Letting go of your feelings is healthy and I want to be honest with all of you. In the last few years I have suffered a lot from anxiety and panic attacks. When I started feeling The Effects of Fear Me." thought I was going out of my mind and it scared me. I felt so alone and like I was the first person in the world to ever experience it. The first panic attack was so intense and overwhelming that I felt like it was too When I had a heart attack, I was so scared and confused and had no idea what was happening to me. I'm not sure what started this first one, but it soon spun and I was in a really dark place, feeling alone and scared I had people around me but I couldn't explain to them what was happening to me or why. It hit me so badly that I didn't even want to leave the house. I would walk one foot out of the house he kick the door and feel the overwhelming need to go right back inside. It took over my life completely. I'm happy to say that the physical att acks have stopped, but unfortunately the fear lives on. The reality is that it probably always will. I've had a relationship with my mind for 25 years now. When I feel it working against me, I sometimes feel like a prisoner in my own head. It feels like the most unnatural thing in the world, but what helped me the most was discovering that I am not alone. I'm not the only person going through this. There are people all over the world who are just like me! Once I realized I wasn't going insane, I was more eager to hit it. I had therapy and surrounded myself with loved ones. Talking to someone relieves you of SO MUCH STRESS. I've devised coping mechanisms and learned what the triggers are so I can fight the attacks before they take hold. I limited my time on social media, which often made me feel trapped and claustrophobic. I took control of my life and accepted what I couldn't control. I don't want to hide it anymore. I suffer from anxiety and I want you all to know, if you suffer from anxiety, you are not alone ♥ ️ "- Perrie Edwards on Instagram
3. "The big thing for me was every time I felt overwhelmed and I didn't tell Andrew, I got deeper into that hole. Now I tell him every time I have even a small amount of that overwhelming feeling immediately. Because if you don't solve the problem as soon as it starts, you will create this massive, massive thing. I found that the less I gave out and explained how I was feeling, the less Andrew would suddenly do it. Signing 10 posters and I'd argue about it. [When] I started explaining how I felt and how I went about doing all these things, I could sign 10 posters and do 10 shows and that wouldn't be a problem. " Shawn Mendes at the Billboard Live Music Summit
4. "Everyone deals differently with difficult times in their life. I'm generally not a nervous person, but I get anxious. I get sick too; I feel like I can't eat when it's really bad, but I can force me to stay healthy. When my anxiety is extreme, it feels like my body is burning calories all day long. On days like this, I try to avoid caffeine, alcohol, and too much sugar - basically anything could make it worse. One thing that has really helped me is exercising. Obviously when I have a fearful day my exercise is a lot harder. But then it feels good when you go through it! "- Kourtney Kardashian on her blog Sincerely, Kourt
5. "I'm scared of the audience. I'm very scared. At a show in Amsterdam I was so nervous that I escaped the emergency exit. I vomited a few times. Once in Brussels I got projectile- I have throw up over someone. I just have to endure it. But I don't like touring. I have a lot of anxiety. "- Adele at Rolling Stone
6. "I have anxiety. And when I saw this clip [of me in Los Angeles without makeup] I could see how scared I was, but I feel compassionate about myself. I wanted to protect her and tell her That it's okay to be afraid. There's nothing else or strange about being afraid and I'll get my way. I like to watch this video. It makes me feel uncomfortable, but there is a freedom that I do maybe even accept. That's me. Puro Gina "- Gina Rodriguez on Instagram
7. "There are millions of people out there who have crippling anxiety, be it from fainting or sweating or so many [other] different diseases from fear. There are so many people who have it and suffer from it, so you are not it alone. It gets so much better when you learn the tools to use it. "- Colton Haynes for #MyYoungerSelf Campaign
8. "School was a great source of anxiety for me. I hated school. I have social anxiety and it developed when I was a kid. I had problems going to birthday parties. It was always there. I asked Letting my mom get home school one semester because I was so miserable in school. I wasn't bullied - there was no particular reason - but my family is depressed. It's something you get with Hard to come to terms with. There wasn't a specific reason I felt this way, but you don't need a reason - it's depression. "- Lili Reinhart to glamor
9. "Tours are a really lonely place for me. My self-esteem was shot. I was depressed, anxious. I got panic attacks right before I got on stage or right after I left the stage. Basically, I felt like that it wasn't me. " good enough, not capable. I felt like I wasn't giving my fans anything and they could see it - which in my opinion was a total bias ... What I was trying to say is that life is so stressful and I have a desire to just to escape. But I haven't figured out my own stuff so I felt like I wasn't sharing wisdom "- Selena Gomez at Vogue
10. "I got panic attacks and the worst thing was that anything could cause them. I always covered my face with a pillow when I had to walk from the car to the studio. My new life as a pop star certainly not as glamorous as all of mine Friends back home thought. Secretly I had really physical and emotional problems. I think part of my panic attacks was that I didn't feel safe enough to believe in myself - I was scared that I wasn't As good as a singer, everyone thought. And as the stakes increased, I was afraid of abandoning everyone, including myself. "- Ellie Goulding in a personal essay for Well + Good
Photo credit: Getty
11. "When I was about seven years old I was convinced the house was burning down. I could feel it. No hallucination, just a tightening in my chest, feeling like I couldn't breathe, like the world was going to end. There There were a few flares like this, but my fear was constant. I asked my mother a hundred times how the day would go ... I wrote this book called I Am Greater Than My Fear That I Still Have: I Drew One little green monster on my shoulder talking to me in my ear telling me all these things that are not true. And every time I hear it it gets bigger. When I hear it enough, it crushes me. But If I turn my head and keep doing what I'm doing - let it speak to me, but don't give it the honor it needs - then it shrinks and disappears. "- Emma Stone to Rolling Stone
12. "I would be anxious [as a child star]. I would get hot flashes, faint or vomit. A lot would happen before shows and I would have to cancel." Then fear came from fear. I would be with my friends and think I should have so much fun. You come into this hole that looks like you will never get out. "- Miley Cyrus to Marie Claire
Photo credit: Getty
13. I was actually scared to the point where I felt drugged. I actually had problems with my thyroid because I was so stressed and anxious at times in my life. I remember once actually going to the hospital because I felt physically drugged. I had an anxiety attack. When I get scared every day, I just need to take a few deep breaths because sometimes I feel like I can't catch my breath. Sometimes I get very shaky and very scattered. Are you familiar with Restless Leg Syndrome? It's like restless body syndrome. "- Demi Lovato to the Huffington Post
14. "People use 'panic attack' here in Los Angeles very casually, but I don't think most of them really know what it is. Every breath is a chore. You die. You will die. It's terrifying. And when the attack is over, the depression is still there. "- Sarah Silverman on Glamor
15. “When you grow up in the industry, you have to agree at all times. When it comes to saying, 'I'm tired and want to find out how to balance my life better'. 'I feel lonely,' 'I'm scared of my fame' - those things I couldn't say. It's okay to say how you feel. It feels good to be there for you. " - Keke Palmer on Cosmopolitan
Photo credit: Getty
You might like it too
How to master a pretty waterfall braid
11 Waterproof Makeup Products You Must Try
So, contour and highlight your face like a total pro
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
CG: ATL@SF - 9/17/21
France recalls envoys from U.S. and Australia
CG: OAK@LAA - 9/17/21
A’s vs. Angels Highlights
My mom spends thousands shopping on Facebook, but doesn’t tell my father. I pay on credit and she repays me. Will the bank alert the IRS?
Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations