How to delete your Netflix viewing history, and prevent something you've watched from affecting your viewing recommendations
You can clear your Netflix history one song at a time, but you cannot clear your entire history at once.
Clearing your Netflix history will no longer show these movies and shows in your Continue Watching section and will change your future recommendations from Netflix.
To clear your Netflix history, you must use the Netflix website on a computer.
For more stories, check out Business Insider's Tech Reference library.
Most of the time, this is a good thing - since Netflix knows exactly what you're watching, it can put shows that are in progress in the Continue Watching section so you can easily pick up where you left off. It can also use shows you've seen to give better recommendations on what to watch in the future.
However, if you don't want Netflix to use your viewing history, you have a little bit of control. You can remove individual movies and TV shows from your history. This can stop Netflix from making ad recommendations and is a kind of "nuclear option" to prevent other people on your account from seeing what you're watching.
However, since you can't clear all of your viewing history at once, it can be time consuming when you have a lot of items to delete.
How to clear your Netflix viewing history
1. In a web browser, go to the Netflix website. You can do this on a computer or in a browser on a mobile device, but you won't be able to use the Netflix app.
2. Click your account icon in the upper right corner of the browser window, then click Account.
To delete items from your viewing history, go to your account page. Dave Johnson / Business Insider
3. Scroll down to the "My Profile" section and click "View Activity".
4. On the My Activity page, you will see a list of the latest Netflix movies and TV shows that you have seen. To see more, scroll down and click "View More".
5. To remove a video from your viewing history, click the Stop icon to the right of Report a Problem.
Click the Stop icon to remove a movie or show from your history. Dave Johnson / Business Insider
6. Repeat this process for any other movies or shows that you want to remove.
Anything you delete will be removed from your viewing history within 24 hours.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Here's how to download Netflix movies and shows to your phone or tablet to watch without internet
Here's how to cancel your Netflix subscription, however you subscribed to it
Here's how to sign out of your Netflix account on any Roku device
"How Much Does Netflix Cost?": All Netflix Subscription Plans Explained
Read the original article on Business Insider
Prince Harry tells all to James Corden on Archie's first word, his views on The Crown and family life with Meghan
Native American nominee's grilling raises questions on bias
A triple murder suspect told police he killed his neighbor and tried to feed his family her heart 'to release the demons'
Biden USTR nominee Tai vows to end trade 'race to the bottom,' counter China
Ashlee Simpson Ross' Husband Evan Ross Recalls Daughter's Fury About Getting a Baby Brother
‘Punky Brewster’ Star Freddie Prinze Jr. on How Friend Brian Austin Green Helped Him Get the Job