How to get a refund on your PS4 using the chat support feature on the PlayStation website
Depending on your situation, you may be able to get a refund using the chat support feature on the PlayStation website. Jomic / Shutterstock
You can get a refund for a PlayStation Store purchase on your PS4 through the PlayStation website's customer support chat.
Your best chance of a refund is if you request it within two weeks of your purchase and have not downloaded or opened it.
Once you've answered a few pre-set questions, a live PlayStation representative will help you with your refund request.
For more stories, check out Business Insider's Tech Reference library.
If you've made a purchase on PlayStation Store and opted for a refund, or if you've found charges on your account that you haven't made, you can request a refund. Depending on the type of content you wish to receive a refund for, you may be able to receive a refund through the PlayStation Network.
The details of your refund will largely depend on the type of content you are requesting a refund for. Most content is eligible for a refund if you request a refund within 14 days of purchase and have not downloaded or streamed the content in question.
If you're not sure where to start when trying to request a refund, the PS4 chat support bot will help. Follow these instructions to get started.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
PlayStation 4 (from $ 299.99 at Best Buy)
How to get a refund for PS4 using chat support
1. Click the Chat button on the right side of the PS4 website for assistance with your refund.
Click the blue "Chat" button. Chrissy Montelli / Business Insider
2. In the pop-up chat window, click New Refund Request.
3. Click "I'm Ready".
4. For question 1, click Yes, I am to confirm that you were the person whose account was charged for the purchase. The account holder is the only one who can request a refund for the purchase.
Click Yes, I am. Chrissy Montelli / Business Insider
5. For question two, click the payment method you used to purchase.
Choose a payment method. Chrissy Montelli / Business Insider
6. For question three, click Yes, I am to confirm that the payment method used is on your behalf. Similar to question 1, only someone who owns someone else's payment method can request a refund for the purchase.
7. For question four, click the option that most closely matches the reason for your refund request.
Choose the reason for your refund request. Chrissy Montelli / Business Insider
8. Click Yes to question five if you have already downloaded the content you would like a refund for. If you haven't downloaded this content yet, click No.
9. Click Yes to Question 6 if this is your first time requesting a refund using your PlayStation Network account. If you previously requested a refund, click No. If you are not sure, click Unsure. If you click Yes, please answer Question 6.5 by clicking the option that most closely matches the reason for your previous refund request.
If you have made one, select the reason for your prior refund. Chrissy Montelli / Business Insider
10. For question seven, enter the number of days since the first purchase, then click the blue arrow on the right side of the screen.
11. If you would like to connect to a live agent to process the refund, click Next. If you decide not to proceed with the refund, click on "Nevermind".
The live agent will assist you with further refunds, including deciding whether or not to qualify for a refund.
Related coverage of How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to turn a PS4 on, off, or to sleep using the controller or system
“Will the PS4 Pro play 4K games?” Yes, and it can play 4K movies too - here's how to set it up
How to turn off parental controls on a PS4 with or without a parental controls password
How to bring Netflix to a PS4 to watch TV shows and movies from your console
Read the original article on Business Insider
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
Alibaba’s Joe Tsai Drops $157.5 Million on Manhattan Duplex Penthouse
Georgia Republicans set process in motion for state takeover of Fulton County elections
'I Think After?' Reporter Grills Jim Jordan On When He Spoke To Trump On Jan. 6
Adam Kinzinger Responds To Mocking From Tucker Carlson & Laura Ingraham Over January 6 Hearing: “A Very Cold Hearted Thing”
Adam Driver Transforms Into a Centaur in New Burberry Fragrance Campaign (and the Internet Is Obsessed)
Trump threatened to primary GOP lawmakers who favor the bipartisan infrastructure plan. 17 Republicans just voted to advance it, including Mitch McConnell.