'Indiana Jones 5' screenwriter David Koepp on why he exited long-awaited sequel

Harrison Ford on the set of Raiders of the Lost Ark (Photo credit: Sunset Boulevard / Corbis via Getty Images)
Experienced screenwriter David Koepp has revealed why he ended the upcoming film in the Indiana Jones series.
It was already announced in February that Steven Spielberg would not make the film. Logan director James Mangold came to replace him.
Scroll to continue with the content
display
Empire Financial Research
Legend Apple bought for $ 1.42 says you should buy this now
Investment legend Whitney Tilson says there is a huge new technology trend ahead - and he's unveiling his number 1 free.
CONTINUE READING
Read More: James Mangold promises that Indiana Jones 5 will be "somewhere new"
This would make it the first Indiana Jones film without Spielberg at the top, which caused quite a stir among fans.
Koepp wrote Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (along with films like Jurassic Park and Mission: Impossible), but is said to have been later replaced by Jonathan Kasdan, author of Solo: A Star Wars Story and son of Lawrence Kasdan, author of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Koepp has now confirmed that he will not be working on Indy 5, which was reportedly only a few weeks before the Corona virus was blocked from rolling cameras.
Steven Spielberg and assistant director David Koepp on the set of The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Photo Credit: Universal Studios / Getty Images)
More
When asked whether he was still involved in the project, Koepp said to Collider: “No more. When James Mangold came in, he deserved the chance to shoot it.
"I had made several versions with Steven. And when Steven left, it seemed to be the right time to give Jim his own opinion and get his own person or himself to write it."
Spielberg is reported to continue to be a "hands-on" executive producer of the film, although there are some differences in how far the film has progressed.
Harrison Ford, now 77, said during an interview with CBS in February that filming should begin "in about two months."
Read More: Five Things You Might Not Know About Indiana Jones' Whip
However, producer Frank Marshall told Collider last month that scripting had "just started." So it could be that the entire project is now in first place again.
Mangold's comments might support this.
He said to Comicbook.com: “You have to bring something to a new place and at the same time remember the main reasons why everyone was gathered. And to use Logan as an example if you are operating in a world with very strong pressure.
The film is scheduled for release on July 29, 2022. However, if the scripting "just started" - along with the delays in the studio caused by the lock - it could mean that it could still be pushed back.
The video continues in the 1930s

Click to receive the most important news as a notification!

Last News

Angela Bassett remembers 'Black Panther' son Chadwick Boseman: 'His well was just so deep'

Karl-Anthony Towns says he's lost seven family members to COVID-19

Chang’e 5, Chinese spacecraft carrying lunar rocks, lifts off from moon

If You’re The ‘Responsible Friend,’ You’re Probably An Earth Sign

GBP/JPY Price Forecast – British Pound Breaks Recent Highs

The Weekly Wrap – COVID-19 Vaccine and Brexit Updates and Economic Data were in Focus