Nashville explosion: What we know about downtown explosion on Christmas morning

A massive explosion rocked downtown Nashville, Tennessee on Christmas morning. This incident caused several blocks of destruction and is labeled "intentional" by the authorities.
Here's what we know about the incident:
Location of the explosion in Nashville, what happened?
Scroll to continue with the content
Microsoft - New Age of Business
Supply the customer journey with a data platform
Hear from the experts how you can deliver personalized experiences by unifying customer data and unlocking AI-powered insights.
The Nashville Police and Fire Department responded to reports of a suspicious RV parked just before 6 a.m. Friday in front of an AT&T building near Second Avenue and Commerce Street.
Upon arrival, police said an officer had "reason" to alert the department's hazardous equipment section on the way when a "major explosion" occurred.
Police and fire brigade responded to the area around 6:45 a.m.
On Friday evening, Metro Police Chief John Drake said a motive for the explosion was unknown.
Drake said it was unclear if anyone was in the RV when it exploded.
Officers and witnesses heard a broadcast from the RV with a terrible warning: “Evacuate now. There's a bomb there. A bomb is in this vehicle and will explode. "
He said police found tissue at the scene that could be human remains. The authorities will examine it to see what it is.
NASHVILLE EXPLOSION: Nashville residents capture confusion and chaos downtown in moments after the explosion
MNPD publishes photo of RV-related explosion
The investigation related to the explosion centered on a motor home that was in the area on Friday morning.
Police released a surveillance photo of the motor home on Friday afternoon and asked for public help.
Police said the RV in question was discovered in the area of ​​Second Avenue North and Commerce Street after 1:00 a.m. Friday.
At least one witness in the area described a chilling warning given by the RV before the explosion took place.
Police confirmed they believe the announcement came from the vehicle.
Downtown closed, curfew began
All streets in downtown Nashville, including the highways leading into the city, are closed.
Nashville Mayor John Cooper said that downtown is being "cordoned off" in order to conduct further investigations and to ensure that everything is "perfectly safe".
Cooper announced Friday afternoon that he was calling on Governor Bill Lee to impose a civilian state of emergency at the site and the surrounding area, which will introduce a curfew from 4:30 p.m. Friday. until Sunday 4:30 p.m.
Injuries have been reported
Just before the explosion, officials carried out door-to-door checks in the area and diverted a man leading his dog down the street.
The force of the explosion knocked an officer to the ground.
At least three people have been hospitalized, the authorities said. All three people were in stable condition, Cooper said.
The identity of the injured and the extent of their injuries was not immediately known.
Six officers from the Central Precinct were there. Cooper called them heroes.
Shops damaged, houses destroyed
Cooper inspected the damage Friday morning and said at an evening press conference that at least 41 companies in the area had been damaged in connection with the explosion.
"It looks like a bomb went off," said Cooper on Friday morning.
Cooper declared a state of civil emergency late on Friday afternoon.
Fire chief William Swann said a building collapsed and others suffered major damage in the area where the explosion broke out.
Several downtown homes were destroyed, Swann said.
The American Red Cross opened shelter for the displaced, he said.
AT&T outage related to bombings in Nashville
A widespread internet outage was reported in Nashville hours after the massive downtown explosion.
AT & T's internet and phone service in the area was interrupted around noon. Friday.
Users across the country reported disruptions, but there was a concentration in the Nashville area and Middle Tennessee. A handful of Middle Tennessee law enforcement agencies reported the outage disrupted access to 911 in their jurisdictions.
Nashville International Airport temporarily halted flights from the area on Friday afternoon.
The outages were reported several hours after an explosion in downtown Nashville that occurred near an AT&T facility.
An AT&T spokesman confirmed the failure was related to the explosion:
"Service for some customers in the Nashville area may be affected by damage to our facilities from the explosion this morning. We are in contact with law enforcement and are working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible," said Jim Greer. a representative from AT&T.
Several law enforcement agencies are on site
The subway police, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, ATF and the FBI are investigating the incident.
The Nashville Fire Department said a bomb squad was also on site.
A vehicle burns after an explosion in the Second and Commerce area Friday December 25, 2020 in Nashville, Tenn.
Interviewed several people
Several people were taken to the department's central district for questioning, but authorities declined to provide further details on Friday morning.
As of 3 p.m. No suspicious information was released.
Reward offered for information
The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp on Friday afternoon announced a $ 10,000 contribution for a reward in the event.
The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. said she invited other hotel companies to contribute to a reward on the case. By Friday night it had grown to $ 31,000.
Anyone with information is asked to call (615) 862-7400.
This article originally appeared on Nashville Tennessean: Nashville Blast: What Happened Downtown on Christmas Morning?

You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.

Last News

SALT Agreement Could Bring Two-Year Repeal of Limit

Cardano’s Ada Wants to Solve Some of Crypto’s Biggest Challenges

Aly Raisman wants to bring hope to sexual abuse survivors

Ronda Rousey Gives Birth, Welcomes First Baby With Travis Browne

Jade Bird: Prototype

'Lots of talking': Thunberg's pessimism in Milan