Oddsmakers Predict Meghan Markle & Prince Harry's Baby Will Have This Familiar Name

There is a surprising cross section of hardcore gamers and those who follow the news of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry with every move, and you can find them in Las Vegas. More specifically, they can place Vegas bets on anything from the name of the new royal baby to when that little bundle of joy makes its grand entrance.
People have long watched the comings and goings of the royal family and gambled on what their future would bring. In fact, betting was constantly on whether and when Prince William and Duchess Kate would welcome baby number four since the arrival of their third child. Just like his older brother, people have been betting on the details of Prince Harry's second born ever since he and Meghan welcomed baby Archie. Royal bets are actually very popular. Yes, even in this economy.
More from SheKnows
That's how it is to be - and raise - a black girl in America
People placed bets on the future name of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's first baby, which led to his birth on February 9th. The people behind the odds had a lot of love for the name Alice for a girl and Henry or Arthur for a boy. Each of these names ranked high with odds of 9/1. The royal couple, however, went in a different direction when it came to naming the queen's ninth great-grandchild. The little boy, who, by the way, is in 11th place for the throne, ended up with August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. The mouthful of a nickname pays homage to Queen Victoria's consort Prince Albert (his middle name was Augustus) and Eugenie's grandfather, Prince Philip.
Click here to read the full article.
So what's the preferred name for baby Archie's little brother or sister? Diana, of course. According to gambing.com, the late mother's name is preferred by Prince Harry 10/1, with Thomas being the favorite when their baby is a boy. Other favorites? Spencer (maiden name of Princess Diana) with 12/1 odds and Albert with 16/1 odds. If you're not a regular gamer, 10/1 odds mean that they predict that there is a 90.91 percent chance that the new royal baby will be named Diana if it's a girl, and only a 9.09 percent chance that it's called something else. While the math makes it seem like a no-brainer, the numbers aren't a guarantee. Just look at what happened to the last royal baby.
It's also worth noting that Prince Harry has broken with family tradition in the past, so we're not going to be putting too much stocks (or too much money) into the odds at this point.
If the Duke and Duchess are looking for a name inspection, they might be reading these unusual celebrity baby names.
Celebrity baby names
Start gallery: Prince Harry's best dad moments so far
Best of SheKnows
Adorable black owned Etsy shops for kids and babies who'd like to support
Jenna Elfman loves having "fun, random" chats and seeing the office with her boys
Your kids will love toys from these black-owned companies now and year round
Sign up for the SheKnows newsletter.
Follow us for the latest news on
Facebook,
Twitter and
Instagram.
Mention your own website in this post for Advertisement

Last News

Kaley Cuoco says she was 'freaking out' after 'The Big Bang Theory' ended because she'll never have that salary or cast again

Couple Finds Anti-Asian Slur Spray-Painted on Car in Georgia Parking Lot

Oregon governor ordering teachers to return to classroom

Meghan Markle's 'Suits' Co-Star Slams Royal Family For Amplifying Bullying Accusations

St. Louis-area mom, 2 children killed; baby taken, but safe

A Florida School Decided to Confront Complaints of Racism...Until a Diversity Curriculum Caused 'Angst'