Premier League is back: Aguero's goals, youthful United – the best 'big six' stats this season
After a break of more than three months, the Premier League finally returns on Wednesday.
The coronavirus pandemic forced most major sports worldwide to cease in March, but England's top flight begins again and is expected to be completed by the end of July.
However, the title could be over by the first weekend, as Liverpool are 25 points ahead of second-placed Manchester City, who will play Arsenal, and nine games left.
Scroll to continue with the content
Meanwhile, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and the Gunners are fighting for a spot in the next season's Champions League.
With the help of Opta we take a look at the most interesting facts about the "Big Six" of the Premier League and its campaigns so far.
- Jürgen Klopp's team is at the top of the stack, but doesn't look as defensive as in the 2018/19 season. Liverpool have conceded 21 goals in the league this season, just one less than in the entire previous 38-game season.
- Roberto Firmino finally ended the long wait for Anfield to score against Atletico Madrid in March. It was his first home strike in Liverpool in 20 games in all competitions since the clash against Porto in April 2019, 337 days earlier.
- The reds were just starting to wiggle slightly. With the home loss to Atletico, Liverpool had lost four of their last six games in all competitions - as many losses as in the last 67 games.
- City has lost seven Premier League games this season, one more than in the previous two campaigns combined.
- Sergio Aguero had scored 180 Premier League goals for Manchester City during the break. Only Wayne Rooney - 183 for United - has achieved more for a single team in the history of the competition. Aguero overtook Thierry Henry - 175 for Arsenal - earlier this season.
- Kevin De Bruyne is the first player to register 15 or more assists in three different Premier League seasons. Only Cesc Fabregas had previously done this in more than one campaign.
- Chelsea have lost five Premier League home games this season. It was not until 1994-95 - seven times - that they were beaten more frequently at Stamford Bridge.
- The Blues are also away in the league away in 2020, drawing three and losing one of their four games. They last had a long run of this kind in the 2015/16 season and could not taste the victory over seven direct trips.
- Frank Lampard was dependent on local talent this season. Only Leicester City (31) and Southampton (24) have more goals from English players than Chelsea's 21 level with United.
- United is undefeated in all competitions in eleven games, but the score of 45 is still the lowest after 29 games in a Premier League season.
- Bruno Fernandes, however, inspired her to be lucky and has been involved in more Premier League goals (five - two goals, three assists) than any other player since his debut on February 1.
- At 25 years and 86 days, United has the youngest average XI starting position in the Premier League this season.
- No team has scored fewer goals in the Premier League this season than the four of Tottenham. The last time they held so few in the first 29 games of a campaign was 2006/07 (also four).
- Spurs had missed Harry Kane (131.18 minutes per goal), Son Heung-min (152.31 minutes per goal) and Steven Bergwijn (280.5 minutes per goal) in January due to an injury. In all competitions this season, Dele Alli has the best minutes per goal ratio in the rest of the squad with 298. Maybe the break did them some good ...
- Arsenal have drawn 13 Premier League games this season - the highest since 17 in 1993-94.
- Arsenal's 17 goals from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang were worth 16 points this season. Only Sadio Mane's 14 goals were worth more for a single club (18 points).
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
What Ben Affleck's Luxury Gift to Jennifer Lopez Symbolizes
Unemployment claims may never go back to 'normal.' Here's why that's a good thing.
Davion Mitchell with a deep 3 vs the Golden State Warriors
Tokyo Olympics: Taiwan stars trolled by Chinese nationalists
CNN’s Chris Cuomo Ignores Developments In Brother’s Scandal During Tuesday Night Broadcast
What it takes to be the largest condom brand in sex-shy India