Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Reportedly Looking for a 12-Month Extension for Their Royal Exit Deal
From Marie Claire
The royal exit contract between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with Buckingham Palace runs out early next year.
The couple are expected to make a series of "friendly video calls" about renewing their contract. Harry is reportedly planning to fly to the UK to wrap up the discussions face-to-face if possible.
Scroll to continue with the content
Microsoft and Redis
Meet the fast and fully managed in-memory data store.
Don't miss the opportunity to hear the unique perspectives from Microsoft and partner specialists and learn more about Azure Cache for Redis.
Royal biographer Andrew Morton says the couple's travel plans will be subject to COVID travel restrictions.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning some serious talks with senior members of the royal family. The Sussexers are reportedly preparing to start talks to renew their royal exit deal with Buckingham Palace, which is set to expire on March 31, 2021.
The couple are expected to make a series of "friendly video calls" to high-profile royals in January before Harry flies to the UK early next year (if COVID restrictions allow) to have face-to-face conversations on the subject's new report The Sun. Sources told the outlet that the talks were "less confrontational" than those that took place at the family's Sandringham summit in January 2020.
Harry and Meghan's top priority in the talks is reportedly to keep their royal patronage. It has been widely reported that Harry was devastated when he lost his military titles as part of the couple's first royal exit. The military roles Harry previously held have been kept vacant since the royal exit and are expected to remain vacant until at least next summer, although the possibility remains that he could negotiate to get at least some of his military titles back.
"Harry regrets losing these titles and keeping them open as long as possible to keep the olive branch out," said a top advisor on the situation. "Don't be surprised if they are still not filled after March 31st."
According to royal biographer Andrew Morton, the Sussexes' relationship with the rest of the royal family is on the mend and they would like to return as a family for some big milestones in 2021 if travel restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so. Upcoming royal events that Harry and Meghan (and their son Archie Harrison) are reportedly keen to attend include the Queen's 95th birthday on April 21, Prince Philip's 100th birthday on June 10, and the unveiling of a princess Diana statue on July 1st, on her 60th birthday.
"Although they're going to be doing some of Zoom, Harry wants to meet face to face to tie it all together," Morton explained. "Things seem to have calmed down. Harry has been in contact with the Queen more times than you'd think. But certain things have to be there for you in person to sort them out. They'll take a few weeks. That could happen after April. Dependent." from COVID. "
Although the situation between Harry, Meghan and the rest of the royal family has improved, royal sources say the details of expanding the royal exit are still difficult to figure out.
"Expect things to drag on after March 31," the top aide told The Sun. "The Sussexes have laid out their booth very clearly."
Image Credit: Hearst Owned
You might like it too
The 5 Best Sun Protection Moisturizers I Promise Don't Suck
The 5 best self-tanners that will never streak
Do these jade rollers really work or are they just pretty?
In this article
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
Dad transforms unused room into incredible sleepover hangout
High School graduate follows in father's footsteps six years after Charleston church shooting
Demi Lovato says family has ‘done an incredible job’ adjusting to nonbinary pronouns
I thought I knew my dad. The pandemic taught me I was wrong.
Kaitlyn Bristowe shuts down remark about her 'different' look with honest response
Miley Cyrus and Brody Jenner's ex, Kaitlynn Carter, is pregnant