Renault F1 test signals a 'new beginning' for Alonso

(Reuters) - Double world champion Fernando Alonso said he was ready for a fresh start when he tested Renault's latest Formula 1 car in Barcelona on Tuesday.
The Spaniard, two-time Le Mans 24-hour winner, has not contested a Grand Prix since leaving McLaren at the end of 2018, but will return next year to replace the retiring Australian Daniel Ricciardo.
"It will be like a fresh start to wonder about the speed of the car, the braking performance, the cornering speed and many things that will surprise me again," said the 39-year-old before the Limited mileage recording day.
The RS20 car test took place 20 years after Alonso's first test with Benetton - the team that became Renault - on the same track.
It will also be one of his final occasions to drive a Renault F1 car, with the team changing name to its alpine sports car brand in 2021.
Alonso said preparing for the excursion had been made difficult by COVID-19 restrictions as fewer days would need to be adjusted in the simulator, but the run was worth it.
"I know that in these rounds I will learn and discover a lot of things," he said.
Team boss Cyril Abiteboul said after Sunday's Eifel Grand Prix at the German Nürburgring, where Ricciardo finished third on Renault's first podium since his return as a designer in 2016, that Alonso is committed to the return.
"We received a message before, during and after the race," said the Frenchman.
"I think Fernando is like a big shark. And as soon as he starts to feel the blood he wants to attack. I see that - I see a shark that is very hungry."
The Spaniard, who won his titles with Renault in 2005 and 2006, has competed in the Dakar and Indianapolis 500 rallies since his last appearance in Formula 1.
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin in London, editing by Christian Radnedge)

You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.

Last News

Exploring New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia, the US' newest national park

Confusion reigns over Queen Elizabeth II's health after hospital stay

This Mom Wants Others To Learn From Her Story After She Went Septic Because Doctors Didn't Believe Her

The White House had to row back Biden's comments after he suggested the US would defend Taiwan from an attack by China

Eye Opener: One person is killed, another was wounded after Alec Baldwin's prop firearm discharged on movie set

Joey Logano not sure fighting is "ever the right way"