Ted Cruz warns ‘bloodbath of Watergate proportions’ is possible for GOP on election day

Texas Senator Ted Cruz warned Friday that Election Day Republicans could suffer "a Watergate-sized bloodbath" - while still saying the GOP had a shot at victory in November.
Cruz spoke of the possibility of his party losing the White House and being in the minority in both the Senate and the House of Representatives if people are "angry" on election day. He blamed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Chairman Chuck Schumer, both Democrats, of stalemate over a second coronavirus relief law after President Donald Trump shut down negotiations this week.
"If people go back to work, if they are optimistic, if they see the future positively, we could see a fantastic election: the president is re-elected by a wide margin, the Republicans win both Houses of Congress," Cruz told a CNBC interview Friday .
"But I also think if people are angry on election day and have given up hope and are depressed, which is what Pelosi and Schumer want, I think it could be a terrible choice." I think we could lose the White House and both Houses of Congress, it could be a Watergate-sized bloodbath. "
The house is currently controlled by Democrats, who came to power in the 2018 midterm elections when they received 41 seats. The Senate is currently controlled by Republicans under Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Cruz called the election "very volatile" and added that he was "concerned". The senator referred to the achievements of the Democrats in Congress after President Richard Nixon resigned over the Watergate scandal. Democrat Jimmy Carter won the presidential race two years later in 1976.
FiveThirtyEight reveals that starting October 9, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has an 85% chance of winning the election, while President Donald Trump has a 15% chance. Biden's chances are up 5 percentage points compared to October 1st
Democrats have a 68% chance of winning the U.S. Senate and a 94% chance of holding onto the house, according to FiveThirtyEight's forecast.
Biden led the race with 8 points after the first presidential debate - but before Trump was hospitalized with COVID-19, according to a survey by SurveyUSA. After Trump was brought to Walter Reed, Biden led by 16 points, averaging 10 percentage points. The survey of 2,000 adults was conducted October 1-4 and has a confidence interval of plus or minus 3.6 percentage points.
Earlier this week, Trump tweeted that he would end negotiations on a second coronavirus stimulus bill and instead called on the Senate to consider his appointment of Amy Coney Barrett to the US Supreme Court. But he changed course and on Oct. 8, Trump said he would resume talks on the relief bill despite "no evidence" of progress in the negotiations, The Hill reported. .
"I broke off the talks two days ago because they didn't work out. Now they're starting to train," Trump said in an interview with Fox Business.
Democrats and Republicans struggled to agree on an aid package to the CARES bill, which went into effect in March and paid most Americans $ 1,200 during the coronavirus pandemic.
The House Democrats passed another coronavirus alleviation law on October 1, but they have almost no chance of pushing it through the Republican-controlled Senate. In response, the White House launched a $ 1.6 trillion counteroffer that includes fewer funding for unemployment, as well as state and local governments, compared to the Democrat-backed bill.
Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin spoke again on Oct. 5 but failed to reach an agreement, CNBC reported. McConnell said Friday it was "unlikely" that coronavirus relief law will be passed before the election.
"I would love to see us rise above it like we did in March and April, but I think that is unlikely in the next three weeks," the Senate top Republican said, according to CNBC.
The Democrats' package includes reviving the $ 600 weekly unemployment benefit from the CARES bill, which expired in late July. The White House offer would include $ 400 a week through the end of this year, Roll Call reported.
Both stimulus proposals would include another round of $ 1,200 payments for individuals and $ 500 for dependents.

You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.

Last News

Many Olympians Are Wearing a New (and Unusual) Nike Face Mask—Here’s What to Know About It

Sunisa Lee Celebrates Gymnastics Gold with a Dance Party — and Pizza! — in Her Room

Johnny Depp Fans’ Efforts To Have Amber Heard Axed From ‘Aquaman 2’ Carried No Water, Says Producer

If You Invested $10,000 Just Before the Last 3 Market Crashes, Here's How Much You'd Have Today

11-year-old boy was waterboarded as form of discipline at home, New Mexico cops say

A small Wyoming town is hoping Bill Gates' $1 billion nuclear power plant could save hundreds of jobs