Week 16 NFL Injury Wrap: George Kittle expected to return
It's holiday week, and it's fantasy football championship week, so it's busy. We're giving you the Injury Wrap earlier this week. This file will be updated regularly for the next 48 hours (note the timestamp below). We wish you a safe vacation and good luck with your games in week 16.
• George Kittle (foot) has been activated from an injured reserve and is expected to play in Arizona. It's his first gig since week 8. The 49ers play on Saturday. So be sure to check its final status before committing.
• Hunter Henry was added to the Reserve / COVID-19 list on Thursday. He won't play against Denver. If you're on your way to the wire, consider Austin Hooper (54 percent on the roster, the Jets are a free spin), Tyler Higbee (50 percent), Dalton Schultz (19 percent), or Cole Kmet (12 percent) . . Irv Smith was a let down last week, but he's another option. Perhaps the Chargers Donald Parham Jr. (only five catches but 75 yards and two points this year) will do something about the Broncos.
[Play $ 150K shooter in Yahoo NFL. $ 15 entry fee. $ 15K and more for the first time]
• Keenan Allen (thigh) is a game time decision. If Allen can't go, you can check out Jalen Guyton or Tyron Johnson, both of whom have regularly digged deep. They're not direct fills for everyone - the styles are different - but any drag on potential opportunities is important.
• Marquise Brown (knee) was included in the injury report on Thursday. He's been in a groove lately (17-272-3 in the last four games) so we were excited to see him against the Giants. We'll see what he can do on Friday.
• Ezekiel Elliott (Kalb) had limited training opportunities Wednesday and Thursday so he could play against Philadelphia. Remember, he missed all of the work last week. Stand by, Tony Pollard manager.
• Antonio Gibson (toe) did some work Wednesday and Thursday to play against the Panthers. Alex Smith (calf) was also restricted while Dwayne Haskins did two days of first team reps. Terry McLaurin (ankle) didn't train Wednesday or Thursday.
• The dolphins remain one of the most difficult teams to decipher. Myles Gaskin was activated from the Reserve / COVID-19 list and put him on the track to play in Las Vegas. But we have to keep in mind that Salvon Ahmed played well last week and Matt Breida was also effective. The passing game is a jumble of uncertainties - DeVante Parker (thigh), Mike Gesicki (shoulder) and Jakeem Grant (thigh) are all rated as questionable. The dolphins play Saturday night at 8:15 p.m. ET.
• Derek Carr (groin) returned to full training on Wednesday and has been removed from the final injury report. After a last-minute setback, he was scheduled to face Miami on Saturday. With that, it's back to the bank for Marcus Mariota.
• The Titans held A.J. Brown (ankles) and Jonnu Smith (knees) from training on Thursday. We have to see how things go in critical Friday practice two days before the Green Bay game.
• James Robinson (ankle) missed Wednesday's training session. We'll be watching him closely for the rest of the week. Dare Ogunbowale and Devine Ozigbo are the two main players behind Robinson.
• All signs point to Christian McCaffrey (thigh) missing week 16 and he's not sure whether to play week 17 either.
• Brandon Allen (knee) is available this week, although the Bengals have not named a starter. Ryan Finley was effective in a reduced role against Pittsburgh. Tyler Boyd (concussion) didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday.
[Week 16 Fantasy Ranking: QBs | RBs | WRs | TEs | FLEX | Daylight saving time | Kickers]
• Tre'Quan Smith (ankle) will not play the Vikings on Christmas Day and will join Michael Thomas (ankle) on the sidelines. Maybe Emmanuel Sanders will seize the day.
• Julio Jones (thigh) didn't train Wednesday or Thursday and looks like a long shot for Week 16. Russell Gage has a different role from Jones but will be taken out when Jones can't play.
• Matthew Stafford (ribs / thumbs) would like to play Tampa Bay on Saturday despite being considered questionable. The Lions are dealing with a makeshift coaching staff who are putting the entire crime at risk. Kenny Golladay (hip) is out for another week while kicker Matt Prater (back) is in doubt.
• James Conner (Quad) is back in full training and preparing to play the Colts. Benny Snell lost a few moments to Cincinnati in week 15, but he's clearly the replacement option. Eric Ebron (back) had a full workout on Thursday.
• Aaron Jones (Toe) missed some work this week but is expected to play on Sunday if there is no setback. But the Packers aren't confident Jamaal Williams (Quad) hasn't trained. It seems that AJ Dillon is likely to get some work on Sunday night against Tennessee.
• Allen Robinson (thigh) was unable to train on Thursday. The bears are still in the playoffs and Robinson would love to get a shot at his old Jacksonville team so we'll see if he can make progress through Sunday.
• Tyreek Hill (thigh) returned to partial training Thursday after missing the day before. He is expected to play against Atlanta.
• Kyle Rudolph (foot) won't be playing in New Orleans for Christmas. Irv Smith and Tyler Conklin shared the opportunity for the past two weeks. Alexander Mattison (concussion) won't play.
• Ronald Jones (Reserve / COVID-19) is not playing in Detroit. Leonard Fournette is by default an interesting game against the fighting Lions defense.
• Stefon Diggs (foot) had full training on Thursday so it seems his late injury against Denver last week wasn't a huge issue. Buffalo is in New England on Monday.
• Duke Johnson (neck) will probably be on the road for another week. David Johnson was quiet as a receiver for most of the year, but he blew up for 11 catches against the Colts. The Bengals are obviously an auspicious week 16 draw.
• Daniel Jones (thigh / ankle) hopes to return for the game in Baltimore. He returned to training on Wednesday. Golden Tate (calf) was held outside of practice on Thursday.
• Chase Edmonds (knee / ankle) did some work Thursday after missing previous sessions. He's questionable for Saturday's game against the 49ers. Dan Arnold (back) was added to the injury report on Thursday, which was worrying just two days before the game ended. Larry Fitzgerald (groin) was limited on Thursday and is also in question.
• Phillip Lindsay missed work Wednesday and Thursday and is unsure whether to play the Chargers.
Last updated: December 24, 10:41 p.m. ET
Check out the Yahoo Fantasy Football Forecast
You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.
Bystander Stops Man Who Allegedly Pulled Out Knife, Yelled Anti-Asian Slurs at Woman in NYC
Tips for getting creative with your job search
Watch 33-Year-Old Rookie Mickey Jannis Throw A Wicked Knuckleball In Slow Motion
Tamir Rice’s Mother Calls Shaun King A Selfish “White Man Acting Black” For Allegedly Profiting Off Her Son’s Death
Collapsed Miami condo had been sinking into Earth as early as the 1990s, researchers say
‘Unchecked spread in the U.S. is going to lead to other problems’: Doctor