Woman accused of burning Wendy's after shooting granted bond

ATLANTA (AP) - A woman who was charged with arson burning a fast food restaurant after Rayshard Brooks' murder was given bail on Wednesday, but is required to wear an ankle monitor and stay at home, a judge said.
29-year-old Natalie White appeared in court on video from Fulton County prison, where she has been held for first degree arson since she took office on Tuesday. An arrest warrant accuses her of lighting Wendy's restaurant with a torch made with a lighter and some kind of can.
Demonstrators set fire to the restaurant on June 13, the night after the police killed Brooks, a 27-year-old black man. The video shows that Brooks was shot in the back by Wendy in the parking lot after resisting arrest and firing a taser while he ran away.
Before being shot, Brooks told officers three times that he had been with a friend named Natalie White that night. White's lawyer, Drew Findling, has confirmed that his client is the person Brooks was talking about, but refused to comment further on their relationship, only saying that they were close.
Fulton County District Judge Todd Ashley found a $ 10,000 bail and said White had to wear an ankle monitor to make sure she stayed at home. He also prohibited her from using social media.
Findling told the judge that the allegation that she set the building on fire was a "false narrative." He said Tuesday after her arrest that the video shows that the building was already on fire when she saw her approaching him.
Findling had asked for a signature loan, which would have meant that White wouldn't have to pay anything if she didn't appear in court. He also argued that house arrest was unnecessary and said White had no criminal record and was not a threat to the community.
"I don't find the lack of a criminal record so convincing," Ashley said, noting that White is accused of setting fire to a building with other people nearby and near a gas station.
An official who responded to complaints about a car blocking the passage lane on June 12 found Brooks asleep inside. The video of the police body camera then showed Brooks and his officers having a calm and respectful conversation for more than 40 minutes.
But when officials told him he drank too much to drive and tried to handcuff him, Brooks resisted. He and the two white officers struggled on the ground. Brooks grabbed one of her tasers and fired it in her direction as he ran away.
An autopsy revealed that he was shot twice in the back.
Officer Garrett Rolfe, who shot Brooks, was fired and another officer, Devin Brosnan, was put at the desk. The chief of police resigned less than 24 hours after Brook's death.
The 27-year-old Rolfe is currently facing eleven charges, including crimes, and a hearing is scheduled for next Tuesday. Brosnan, 26, is charged with serious physical injury and oath violation.
Lawyers for both men have said their actions are justified.

You should check here to buy the best price guaranteed products.

Last News

Vanessa Hudgens Says She Has 'Very Different' Interests from MLB Star Boyfriend Cole Tucker

Mahershala Ali Is Beefing Up To Play Blade In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

"I'm A Work In Progress" - Mahershala Ali On Being His True Self

"There's Nothing Wrong With Us" - Jason Reynolds Says Normalizing Anxiety Is A Way To Beat It

Mom Says Relationship With Adult Daughter Is ‘Fragile And Toxic’

Taliban release decree saying women must consent to marriage